Walking without a cane -- 10/10/2025


Caitlin made a short montage of my decline and then progress in PT mobility over the past month. Today, I woke up and could balance on my left foot (moderately well) and I can walk without a cane (but I'll carry it anyway in case I lose my balance). I can also move almost all (if not all) of the muscles in my lower leg, at least a little.


Since loss of motor control is a proxy for brain inflammation, it looks like the brain inflammation is being dramatically reduced by the Dexamethasone, even as I taper it down.

Two weeks ago I was taking 4mg am and pm, last week 4mg am and 2mg pm, this week 2mg/2mg, next week 2mg/0mg, next week 1mg/0mg and I can start immunotherapy, the last week 0.5mg/0mg and hopefully the brain inflammation will be completely gone!

I'm hoping my "The Journey Continues" series gets very boring over the next two years, but Lung Cancer is a complicated disease and immunotherapy is a relatively new treatment, so we'll just have to see what surprises if any this journey has in store.

Thanks to everyone how has been following and giving me support, my family and I appreciate it greatly!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Detour -- abdominal surgery and loss of left leg mobility

An Unexpected Journey and a PSA - 7/27/2025

Coasting toward remission