More setbacks



They admitted me to Reisman 1166 on Monday 10/27

In the ED last night, they scanned my brain — 2 CT and 1 MRI. There is still some inflammation in my brain so they stopped the steroid taper, I feel pretty good but can’t eat or drink for a while.

The scans showed I have about a dozen new mets all over my brain.

My neuro-oncologist says that surgery is not an option but xray cyberknife could kill all these mets

I'll need to increase the steroids, but there is another approach, Avastin, to decrease brain inflamation which is compatible with keytruda. So the current plan is use the cyberknife and try to reduce inflamation with  Avastin and a lower dose of steroids. My second infusion of keytruda is scheduled for 11/11.

Another complication  is I have no appetite and 
I need energy to complete the treatment plan I'll talk to my doctor today about these concerns and try to be optimistic



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Detour -- abdominal surgery and loss of left leg mobility

An Unexpected Journey and a PSA - 7/27/2025

Coasting toward remission