Finally I start systemic Keytruda infusions and a fall sets back my mobility goals... - 10/21/2025

 On Monday 10/20 I took a baseline CT scan of my chest, abdomen, and pelvis.

On Tuesday I met with my medical oncologists, who observed that the lung cancer had spread, as we had expected with no systemic treatment for 6 months, but nothing was immediately life threatening! Yay.

Then I had my first keytruda infusion.  That evening I had a high fever and chills, but it resolved  quickly. In three weeks, I'll have another and in 6 weeks we'll repeat the CT scans..  We expect to see that the keytruda will have eliminated or shrunk much of the cancer!

I also had a mobility setback when I lost my balance and fell in my bedroom.  I strained the muscles on my right lower back, so I'm back to using a walker again, and my PT  gave me a bunch of stretching exercises to do  It's feeling a little better already..



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Detour -- abdominal surgery and loss of left leg mobility

An Unexpected Journey and a PSA - 7/27/2025

Coasting toward remission