Unexpected symptoms and dealing with an uncertain future - 9/12/2025
I’m still losing function on the left side of my body. My left arm is getting much weaker and less coordinated, so I'm back to hunt and peck typing with my right hand. I went to Physical Therapy and they gave me an assistive band which helps me lift my bad leg when using the walker. I bought a wheelchair too, but my left arm is too weak to use it so it is a transport chair for now.
I’ve put in a call to my neuro-oncologist, Dr. Ho, to see if the CT and MRI scans from yesterday explain what is going on, and to see if she wants to change my treatment plan. I'll post again when I hear from her, hopefully later today.
I’m still mobile as the attached videos show, and I’m optimistic that the motor control will return in due time, but if it continues to degrade I may need to get some in-home nursing support.
My strategy for dealing with an uncertain future is to contact my medical team and while waiting for their response, to practice mindfulness.
Comments
Post a Comment