Meeting the Radiology Team and More surprises - 9/9/2025

 On Monday 9/8, I met with my brain surgeon, Dr Vega, who took out my stitches and said everything looked good. 

I also met with my neuro-oncologist, Dr. Ho and let her know that my left leg was feeling a little weak and made my walk with slight limp. She said it was probably because three days earlier I had stopped taking steroids to manage the post-surgery swelling, and it was coming back, so she prescribed another round of dexomethasone which should resolve the symptoms in a few days.

Finally I met with my radiation oncologist, Dr. Hertan, who will meet with me on Thursday 9/11 to make a tight fitting mask for the CyberKnife radiation treatment, and have me take CT and MRI scans to guide the computer programs running the Cyberknife X-ray beams!

Then today I woke up and my left leg was essentially useless. I could feel everything, but I couldn't move anything below the knee.  I'm hoping, and expecting, that the steroids will start to reduce the swelling in the next few days so I can regain some or all of that function. In the meantime, my wonderful wife bought me some adjustable crutches and I watched an hour of PT videos about how to use crutches, so now I'm mobile again, but very, very slow! I will get better with practice,  and I have much more empathy for people with broken legs... crutches are challenging to use! Yas has been very helpful taking over all of the chores I'm used to doing, and also doing with out my help.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Detour -- abdominal surgery and loss of left leg mobility

An Unexpected Journey and a PSA - 7/27/2025

Coasting toward remission