A new plan - 9/12/2025 pm
Dr. Hertan, my radiation oncologist called me this afternoon in response to my concerns about worsening symptoms.. She said the CT and MRI brain scans from earlier this week were for radiation planning and not for diagnostic purposes. She also said there did not appear to be more mets, but there might be some bleeding in the excision cavity and there was a lot of swelling which would account for the motor control issues.
She increased my dose of Dexomethasone to 4mg twice a day. If it continues to get worse, e.g. I lose all motor control in my left arm, then I should go to the emergency room and they will admit me for more diagnostic tests and IV steroids. It may however start resolving with the higher dose and a nurse will call me on Monday. She thinks that the radiation therapy will help me get off the steroids and then the Keytruda will be more effective.
My wife and kids are working full-time, but their hours are spread out, some on weekends, some in the evening, some day shifts, and we've scheduled it so I'll always have someone with me through next Thursday, in case I need to get admitted to the hospital, or I need help getting around.
Its a new plan and I’m happy about it!
Comments
Post a Comment